SCIENCE (Subject Code – 086)
Syllabus for CLASS –IX (2021-22)
|Units||Term – II||Marks|
|I||Matter-Its Nature and Behaviour: Chapter 3 and 4||18|
|II||Organization in the Living World: Chapter -13||08|
|III||Motion, Force and Work: 10 and 11||14|
|Total Theory (Term II)||40|
|Internal Assessment: (Term II)||10|
TERM – II
Chapter – 3 Atoms and Molecules
Particle nature and their basic units: Atoms and molecules, Law of constant proportions, Atomic and molecular masses. Mole concept: Relationship of mole to mass of the particles and numbers.
Chapter – 4 Structure of Atom
Structure of atoms: Electrons, protons and neutrons, valency, chemical formula of common compounds. Isotopes and Isobars.
Chapter – 10 Gravitation
Gravitation: Gravitation; Universal Law of Gravitation, Force of Gravitation of the earth (gravity), Acceleration due to Gravity; Mass and Weight; Free fall.
Chapter – 11 Work and Energy
Work, energy and power: Work done by a Force, Energy, power; Kinetic and Potential energy; Law of conservation of energy.
Chapter – 13 Why do we fall ill
Health and Diseases: Health and its failure. Infectious and Non-infectious diseases, their causes and manifestation. Diseases caused by microbes (Virus, Bacteria and Protozoans) and their prevention; Principles of treatment and prevention. Pulse Polio programmes.
Practicals should be conducted alongside the concepts taught in theory classes.
LIST OF EXPERIMENTS
- Determination of the density of solid (denser than water) by using a spring balance and a measuring Unit-III:(Chapter–10)
- Establishing the relation between the loss in weight of a solid when fully immersed in
- Tap water
- Strongly salty water with the weight of water displaced by it by taking at least two different Unit-III: (Chapter–10)
- Verification of the law of conservation of mass in a chemical Unit-I: (Chapter–3)
Assessment Areas (Theory) 2021-22 (Class X)
|Demonstrate Knowledge and Understanding||46 %|
|Application of Knowledge/Concepts||22 %|
|Analyze, Evaluate and Create||32 %|
- Internal choice would be
Internal Assessment – Term II (10 Marks)
- Periodic Assessment – 03 marks
- Multiple Assessment – 02 marks
- Subject Enrichment (Practical Work) – 03 marks
- Portfolio – 02 marks