SCIENCE (Subject Code – 086)
Syllabus for CLASS –IX (2021-22)
|I||Matter-Its Nature and Behaviour: Chapter – 2||09|
|II||Organization in the Living World: Chapter – 5 and 6||18|
|III||Motion, Force and Work: Chapter – 8 and 9||13|
|Total Theory (Term I)||40|
|Internal Assessment: (Term I)||10|
TERM – I
Chapter – 2 Is matter around us Pure
Nature of matter: Elements, compounds and mixtures. Heterogeneous and homogenous mixtures, colloids and suspensions.
Chapter – 5 The Fundamental Unit of Life
Cell – Basic Unit of life: Cell as a basic unit of life; prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells, multicellular organisms; cell membrane and cell wall, cell organelles and cell inclusions; chloroplast, mitochondria, vacuoles, endoplasmic reticulum, Golgi apparatus; nucleus, chromosomes – basic structure, number.
Chapter – 6 Tissues
Tissues, Organs, Organ System, Organism: Structure and functions of animal and plant tissues (only four types of tissues in animals; Meristematic and Permanent tissues in plants).
Chapter – 8 Motion
Motion: Distance and displacement, velocity; uniform and non-uniform motion along a straight line; acceleration, distance-time and velocity-time graphs for uniform motion and uniformly accelerated motion, derivation of equations of motion by graphical method; elementary idea of uniform circular motion.
Chapter – 9 Force and Laws of Motion
Force and Newton’s laws: Force and Motion, Newton’s Laws of Motion, Action and Reaction forces, Inertia of a body, Inertia and mass, Momentum, Force and Acceleration. Elementary idea of conservation of Momentum.
Practicals should be conducted alongside the concepts taught in theory classes.
LIST OF EXPERIMENTS
- Preparation of:
- a true solution of common salt, sugar and alum
- a suspension of soil, chalk powder and fine sand in water
- a colloidal solution of starch in water and egg albumin/milk in water and distinguish between these on the basis of
- filtration criterion
- stability Unit-I: (Chapter -2)
- Preparation of
- A mixture
- A compound
Using iron filings and sulphur powder and distinguishing between these on the basis of:
- appearance, i.e., homogeneity and heterogeneity
- Behaviour towards a magnet
- Behaviour towards carbon disulphide as a solvent
- effect of heat Unit-I:(Chapter-2)
- Perform the following reactions and classify them as physical or chemical changes
- Iron with copper sulphate solution in water
- Burning of magnesium ribbon in air
- Zinc with dilute sulphuric acid
- Heating of copper sulphate crystals
- Sodium sulphate with barium chloride in the form of their solutions in
- Preparation of stained temporary mounts of (a) onion peel, (b) human cheek cells & to record observations and draw their labeled Unit-II: (Chapter-5)
- Identification of Parenchyma, Collenchyma and Sclerenchyma tissues in plants, striped, smooth and cardiac muscle fibers and nerve cells in animals, from prepared slides. Draw their labeled Unit-II: (Chapter-6)
Internal Assessment – Term I (10 Marks)
- Periodic Assessment – 03 marks
- Multiple Assessment – 02 marks
- Subject Enrichment (Practical Work) – 03 marks
- Portfolio – 02 marks
Science Syllabus for CLASS –IX (2021-22)?